Search This Blog

Friday, April 17, 2020

SOUND GARDEN

Plants.  I'm talking about the kind that grows.  Not the power plant, not the ice plant, or any factory.  I have been put into this place where I have the chance to plant some seeds on the ground, wait for it to sprout, watch it grow, tend to it, and harvest.  The moment my brother gave me this pack of seeds, eight kinds, I started out.  

There's these 8 type of seeds in a pack that can be grown at home.  Considering the amount of work needed for this task, I prepared some boxes, trays and backyard space.  And my brother has this compost and my mother bought two sacks of garden soil.

And it will be like how we've done gardening or studied gardening before.  In the fourth grade in school at Ateneo de Davao.  We were given the seeds of our choice, each of us and a gardening plot where we were tasked to tend to it everyday.  So we had the chance to go out to the backfield where a well is just step away so we could water our gardens as we please.  4 pegs and some string, a rectangular plot like a plateau, to cultivate and tend to.

Well I had to ask my pops who has an agri-economics background from the University of the Philippines for some advice or just tips.  And so I planted the TOMATO and the PECHAY seeds on two separate egg trays respectively as suggested.  And the remaining six I will have to plant at the sideyard and at the backyard.  There were eight packs inside this large pack.  But there were two packs of CALABASA instead of just one for each.  And the EGGPLANT pack is missing.  So, there's 1> 2 packs of CALABASA 2> SITAO 3>AMPALAYA 4>TOMATO 5>KANGKONG 6>PECHAY 7> and OKRA.  So there's these boxes of garden soil with seeds in them.

I started April 9th. Now it's the 17th.  So it's more than a week since.  I added the ROCKET SALADEAR.  And our good neighbor shared UPO (bottle gourd) and some CUCUMBER seedlings.  Aside from another neighbor sharing her cacti and the flowers mother was tending to closely, I am now raining water into these seeds, watching them sprout, showing up and grow,  my mother smiling. 


No comments: