Search This Blog

Monday, December 3, 2012

HISTORY OF ARCHITECTURE IN THE PHILIPPINES

It's easy to get lost in the internet.  I was reading and searching on through this online world for videos, audio and books about Philippine Architecture.  More than three years of endless search for its substance, its evolution and progress.  I learned so much and willing to see much more.  I found out that there are only four people honored, ranked and proclaimed as "National Artist of the Philippines" by the President of the Philippines for its significant contribution in the field of Architecture.  They were Pablo Antonio, Juan Nakpil, Leandro Locsin and Landscape Architect, Ildefonso Santos.  In relation to this, I'd like to share a videographic that I was able to compile about a PUP Architecture Student's Project: "Filipino Architect", featuring the best Filipino Architects. I merged the videos I found and stemmed them into one.  I don't know if that blog would churn about this but I am acknowledging this project as theirs of course.  Just sharing what they shared so other people could see something they might have overlooked about Philippine Architecture.  And lastly, I am sharing this solely for posterity and educational purposes.  The video shows in pictures the History of Philippine Architecture and its pillars.  A project of two students from the Polytechnic University of the Philippines. Along with it comes the "Unwritten History of Philippine Architecture" project video submitted by Christine Antonio to Sir Antonio de Vera. These videos were clearly made as school projects. These students must be Architects themselves nowadays.  The video features Architects Juan Nakpil, Leandro Locsin. Pablo Antonio, Francisco MaƱosa, Felino Palafox.


Featured Architects and their Outstanding Works
The Pearl of The Orient - Featured Architects and Influence from ryex76 on Vimeo.

No comments: