Search This Blog

Friday, February 18, 2011

EBOOK - THE PORTFOLIO

This is another handbook that I came upon from the net.   Described to be another one of their seriously useful guides.  The handbook explains first the reasons why make a portfolio.  To this day, I could say that I never had the time or urge to have prepared a neat and personal portfolio.  Maybe by this time and upon reading this handbook, I might redraft all the designs I have made.  Though I could just extract them all from my head.  All the designs and drawings I have made from architecture school and work were all submitted to my client "the garbage" then. I may have cherished and valued some of my own works but I never have bothered to keep them all up so as to make a portfolio.  Maybe it's because no one never bothered to look at my drawings. And at that time, I felt they were all trash.


Architecture school is full of redesigning and copying of architectural details and uniformed plans. For I was thinking then that drawings done as part of architecture school, were never really important compared to drawings which were done or drafted for eventual certain construction.  It is explained  that one student of architecture needs to have the precognition of how your portfolio should look like as early as your second year in architecture school. One has to keep every piece of work produced in the studio. And take notes when, where and for whom the drawings were made. This is called the process of documentation.  Just one of the basic rules of the portfolio. Remember the important rules of the portfolio: the Editing, Message, and the Audience. Ponder these so you won't foil your portfolio. Don't let it fall to become a 'portfoilo' instead.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

will do...thanks