Search This Blog

Sunday, January 5, 2020

VIDEOKE ADDICTS, PIZZA & ALCOHOLIC RANTS

Last year was 2018.  It was last year that I was invited to my High School Reunion.  Something that wasn't really hailed to be that much favorable to attend to from here.  Of course, considering the proximity, the cost and the silliness of said event.  But there it is on the chatbox, former classmates chatting with each other, talking about who's who and what's what.  Sharing a meme or two, jokes here and there.  It was like from when you were younger in a silly place called school, in a classroom.  It didn't take long for the class president and her assistant to start asking money for the tickets of the said event.  There's also the T-Shirts where they had to prepare for printing for the said reunion event.  I really wasn't keen on attending so I just pretended and played along.  Who knows, I might just come.   Remarks were thrown, here and there, unnecessary, irrelevant messages flooded the chatbox.  I sent music video links which annoyed everyone and what else?  And so I ended up not going anyway.  

Another school also invited me and again I wasn't able to attend.  I really didn't have to go and it really is going to be awkward to be there.  Since in High School, I attended three schools and that pretty much explains why.  I was more interested in attending reunion events with work friends and colleagues.  It feels more right to connect with present work friends than past acquaintances. 

But Christmas Season 2019 came along once more and I was invited by my work/school friend/architect to go to our gathering.  I can recall how he even tried to have me lead the preparation for this which amounted to nothing.  As soon as I woke up from post-Christmas party siesta, nursing a hangover, I found myself half-asleep with somebody calling my name outside. 

There, my friend waiting for me.  Told me to dress up quickly, everyone's waiting for the both of us.  And so, still half to quarter asleep, I managed to find my pair of shoes and told him.  "Okay, let's go."
There, right on the dot, we arrived at the event.  Work friends and school classmates from Architecture school, singing our hearts out.  Beers, food and what else?  Hahahaha

No comments: