Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

WHY HIRE AN ARCHITECT?

These recent days our house feels like a place in disarray.  And though the only focus of renovation was the kitchen, it almost feels like the whole house is under construction.  From where I'm sitting now, I could feel powdered cement on the soles of my feet.  The parquet flooring seem to look a little gray now with all that cement powdered dust from all around the kitchen.  Because our steps carry on the dust, I see to it somehow that I don't get the floors dustier.


The good thing is that I don't hear the banging on the walls.  The sound of the drill, saws and hammers has toned down.  And I think they're almost done with the rough part of the work.  And now they are on to the finishing stage.  The three workers here I suppose will have to just finish the wooden cabinets, the floors, the pipes and the electrical fittings.  It seem like they had a hard time yesterday with the pipes because last night I heard my father grunt about the kitchen floor being flooded with leaked water.   And now I can hear both my parents complain about how the job seemed to be a disaster. I understand that they may find it irritating to purchase construction materials in "purchase now, and purchase things again later" method.   They seem to get confused with how they should spend something for their own project.  I for one could only take a look at the job with a little regret.  That the designs should have been better.  And the kitchen should be looking much better if it was planned by someone professional like an Architect.

No comments: