Search This Blog

Thursday, October 7, 2010

INSIDE THIS DOT-COM GILDED CAGE

I am overwhelmed by the increasing magnetism that this dot-com gilded age brings.  And I hope that something really fruitful would come out of this.  It almost seems to look like a struggle having to keep abreast with what this Dot-Com Gilded age has in store for everyone.  From here around Davao, social networking sites seem to have made changes on people relations.  Some have made it a point to face the screen every moment of everyday. For who knows? Another marvelous thing might come up.


So right here, I decided to make my own blog.  Deciding to do so meant that I made a commitment to write posts once in awhile.  For now this would seem to look like a journal, but then I am hoping that I could live up to my own expectations to post-write about my own city's architectural development.

And this is to be my blog.  I know I would have to pore on through the City of Davao.  I could compare the structures, buildings, houses and skyscrapers to other cities around and outside the Philippines.  I could also make my own Architecture for the City.  Who knows?  I could just even show some unimportant ones.  Including the unattractive buildings. But this blog is just my form of filling the void I feel.  The void that could only be satisfied through experiencing Architecture from my own point of view.   I may even have to compare this city from a city away from here.  Away. Or I just won't. This blog may go beyond Architecture.  Engineering might set in.  But of course, these two fields are partners.  But that's beside the point.  It's not my sole purpose to examine and scrutinize the structures. I will have to just act as a pair of eyes using my cheap but smart cellphone camera. I know I will have to learn so much from here.  But what's the rush?

No comments: