Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A FLOOR SCHEME

This was done a few weeks ago.  It's for a friend who entrusted me to design a house for him.  He told me I should decide how it would look.  The house should represent him, he said.  I asked him how many floors and asked about the lot area.  He wanted the house to have two floors with an attic.  And I was just surprised.  An attic would be a great add-on. As then he told me no money would be involved at first.   And a commission to design for a friend just feels good.    The money always comes out later soon as the design progresses to be seriously feasible, and workable.  But could I do it?


So then I am left to my own volition.  Just to make my time useful, I came up with this.  Now I am always left with the thought if I should go on doing this manually.  Or should I proceed with drafting on AutoCad.  I want to try doing it on Cad as 2d and then moving on to 3d Max for the realistic perspective render.  But then I have this other thought of doing it manually considering I have not done so for a long time.  Meaning, going back to the old and sometimes unfriendly and cruel drawing board.    But what's the big rush?  It's just a floor plan scheme. And so this first scheme was done manually.    But right now I can't seem to move on to the elevations, and sections for the perspective.  Hoping soon a nice design would come out of this.  I'll be rooting for myself to come up with it.  No one really cares for it to be done.  But only that one friend who would hopefully soon be a client.

No comments: